Monday, September 19, 2011

2011 Ram Lambs

This is Rio.
Nice compact ram lamb. Father was black and his dam is katmoget. Nice broad horns cute Shetland type tail.
I like his fleece. It's single coated and has great lock definition and soft.He is my favorite!
Clancy not sure he will produce as sturdy a lamb as Rio should. He does have nice horns.
He is lanky and tall. I kept him to breed back to his dam and a few other ewe's to try and get more spots in some of my sheep. He has a soft fleece but I call it a "scattered" (kind of hairy looking) type fleece. I like my fleeces with nice crimp and good lock definition so I don't really like his fleece! His black brother from this year has been showing in California and did fairly well.
"Moe" Growing nice with a beautiful Moorit fleece. The only thing I would fault him for is the way his horns are growing. His sire and dam are both moorit. 
This last little guy I will keep just in case Moe's horns turn out bad. I may not be able to use him this fall since he is so tiny. I do love he's dam and sire so he should turn out fine.

No comments: